Friday, July 14, 2006

Sunset July 5th

Transcribed from my journal:

My very own sunglassed sunset. I got up here early. This time alone. It's windy but the air is perfect and having the wind through my hair is nice. Without my sunglasses the sky is yellow and blue, pastel colors and so beautiful. With them though, its orange, yellow, pink and blue. (And you can see the lining of the clouds right above the mountains).
So here I am with my altered sunset. Alone, but hardly lonely. Long day. I began to think the sun would never set. But myself as my witness, it finally is. Unbelievable and so refreshing. Once it hits the mountains it sinks quickly. I almost hate to see it go. Half way gone, but soon I'll unalter it and the colors will come. Purple mountains and a rainbow of colored clouds and sky, fading into the still blue sky. The ball has sunk, completely below those mountains. And slowly a few clouds settle into place above the golden glow. Reds getting darker nowand a purple strengthens. I can feel the sky darkening above me, maybe even around me. They always say a watched pot never boils, but a watched sunset boils too fast. Unbelievable. And I'll watch it in reverse in the morning.

Beautiful.

I can't wait.

1 comment:

tree of thoughts said...

i agree the sun does "boil" to fast we need to find out where sunsets last the longest and go there