Saturday, June 24, 2006

Ouija

Last night was the first time that I ever played with a Ouija board. We had decided to do it after Karyn and Anthony (my roommates) drove out to Haunted Ponds, they were terrified and left quickly, returning to a small party that a few friends had thrown at my house. I sat and listened to their "terrifying" experience, which just sounded like they had spooked themselves. Benny (another friend) had come over and it was just the four of us. I'm unsure what started the Ouija part of the conversation, but we soon decided to play. We lit three candles and turned off all the lights, the board we were using had been found in the desert by a friend of Karyn's, and we placed it in the middle. The four of us, each to a side, sat with our legs crossed. I was nervous, shakey even, because I had been raised to believe in such things. At first Benny was the only one to ask questions, and I watched everyones fingers carefully making sure they weren't playing around. At first the board only spelled gibberish, moving slowly. But after only a few minutes it began to move much faster, gliding across the surface. Answering questions quickly, then waiting (almost as if patiently) for another. Ace, his name. Two other spirits were present, also male. When asked when he died he said 1995, when asked where he lived he said LA. We of course asked if he was a good spirit, he said yes. When asked if he knew I was scared he said yes. Anthony then asked if I should be, Karyn quickly telling him that those are the questions you don't want to ask in case the answer is yes. But the pointer quickly went to no. I began to feel hesitant, afraid to ask questions for fear of the two other spirits answering. I haven't done any sort of spiritual activity in years. Not since I was about thirteen, and alot had happened since then. Alot of death, that I wouldn't want to explore. My mind filled with thoughts of what every answer could mean. Worried that it might make sense or worse, direct it to me. We played the board for about an hour, but Karyn noticing the look of fear on my face told the spirit/s that we were signing off. The pointer glided to GOODBYE and we all lifted our fingers. My hand was ice cold, while everyone elses was warm. And the worst thing, is it was cold from the inside. I could feel it in my bones. I most definitely plan on playing again, not only out of curiousity, but pure desire. All of my dreams were muddled last night, as if I was watching several movies at once on the same screen. Nothing clear, multiple voices and sounds, and a strong sense of being crowded.

Ouija, what have you done?

No comments: